Wednesday 11 June 2014

Blendabilities #1

Hi everyone, I would like to share a card with you that I have made for this week's challenge at Retro Sketches

I have been playing with the Blendabilities, trying out techniques that I have learnt using Copic Markers to see how they went.


The flowers on my card have been made by covering a piece of Whisper White with Heat & Stick Powder, set with the heat gun and then the Dazzling Diamonds added.  I pressed the Dazzling Diamonds into the card piece to make sure that it was well adhered.  I then used the heat gun again to set the piece.


The flower image from the "Petite Petals" stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then commenced to colour using the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Marker Assortment, starting with the darkest colour in the centre and working out to the lightest colour.  When you colour you only press the marker down to put the colour on the image, you do not colour in the usual manner.  The ink spreads quite well, and as you are only pressing the marker down lightly it will not damage the tip of your marker.  When you have finished colouring punch the image out with the Petite Petals punch.


I have used the new "Moonlight" DSP and colours of Basic Gray, Whisper White and Lost Lagoon.  Lost Lagoon is one of the new 2014-15 In-colours coming soon, so another sneak peak.  I have also used the new Lost Lagoon matching ribbon.


RS#118

No comments:

Post a Comment