Friday 2 May 2014

Quilted Background

I cased this background idea from a card I found recently in blogland using a diamond pattern with zigzag stitching.


I did not have a diamond shaped punch, so I used the 1 1/4" square punch to make the small squares which were then embossed using a variety of embossing folders.  These were then adhered to a Whisper White card base and finished with the zigzag stitching between each square.  I inked all the edges with Baked Brown Sugar to give it a vintage feel.  The centre panel was raised slightly from the card base using dimensionals.  The edging on the strip across the card was made using the Finishing Touches Edgelits.  The small flowers were made from scraps of Coaster Board using the Petite Petals punch and inked with Baked Brown Sugar, pearls added for centres.


quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment