Wednesday 2 April 2014

Creating Backgrounds - Distressing with Ink Pads

Hi everyone, this is the fourth of the background techniques that I promised to post.  It is a basic technique of distressing with the Classic Stampin' Ink Pads, very simple and quick.


Step 1 - Stamp the "Dictionary" stamp onto a piece of Naturals Ivory (I used a piece 9.5cm x 13.8cm) using Jet Black Staz-on ink.
Photo
Step2 - Drag the Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Ink Pad across the card piece, you can do this as light or as heavy as you like, depending upon the end result you are after.  I have posted 2 cards at the end of these instructions, one with a heavy inking and one with a light inking to give you an example of what I am trying to explain.
Photo
Step 3 - Drag the Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin' Ink Pad across the piece, over the top of the Early Espresso.
Photo

You are now ready to make your card. On my card I use the telephone from the "Timeless Talk" stamp set, stamped in Jet Black Staz-on ink on Naturals Ivory, coloured with the Baked Brown Sugar Stampin' Write Marker .   This was matted onto a piece of Basic Black, with some "Natural Trim" as an embellishment.  I distressed the edges of all the pieces with the Stampin' Distress Tool.  The distress piece was matted onto a piece of Naturals Ivory which was adhered to at Basic Black card base.

These are my finished cards.
Photo

This is the darker inked card.

Photo

This is the lighter inked card.


No comments:

Post a Comment